Friday, December 16, 2011

Innovation Day update

Thank you so much for helping your child with their Innovation Day Planning Packet. Today we shared more on our topics and questions. We talked about materials and each student started to plan their schedule for the day.

I also spent some time, reviewing my three expectations for the day....
One is that they learn something they're interested in. 
Two is that they make something related to what they learn. 
And three is that they will share both with their class the following day.

I've included in this post a link to the video made by Wisconsin 5th grade teacher Pernille Ripp on her Innovation Day. If you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out because I think it will give you a good sense of what I envision the Day looking like in my classroom. Here's the link:

http://www.safeshare.tv/w/LnCdmFQStl

We also talked some about materials and resources for the day. Between now and Tuesday, students should be gathering materials they will use in their project. (I can supply common items from the school supply closet like construction paper, scotch tape, glue, paint, and brushes.)

Students may also want to bring in a book or magazine on their topic. Our library and computers will be available for students as well on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment