Parent conferences begin in a couple of weeks. Here is the schedule so far: PARENT CONFERENCES SPRING 2015 Don't forget to sign up!
- Fantasy book clubs
- Properties of matter
Some activities we did this week:
- Compared and ordered fractions
- Practiced putting fractions in simplest form
- Used pattern blocks to convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Found a mathematical way to convert between mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Met with our fantasy book clubs
- Discussed how our main characters are multi-faceted and have both strengths and flaws
- Tried to uncover what motivates our main characters in our fantasy books
- Finished our read aloud- Something Upstairs by Avi
- Calculated density by finding the mass of an object and divided it by the volume
- Found the density of materials in relation to water
- Began discussing how matter changes states
- Held our own 5V book swap!
- Our Smarter Balanced testing will begin Wednesday, April 8th and will continue until April 21st- I will get a schedule out next week
- Our 5th grade Artist in residence- Jeff Warner- will begin with us on Monday, April 13th. More information on Jeff can be found here: http://www.jeffwarner.com/
Thanks and have a great weekend!